Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's a good thing I like animals.

So Jaedyn has been on a "bring home an animal" kick lately. On the weekends he has the option of caring for the classroom pets at his school. I have found it quite fun actually. The first week we had Coconut and Kiwi with us, two turtles...no problemo. Cutest little things ever (aside from the giant poop that one of them delivered on Jaedyn's rug) and super easy to feed. Mixed greens. My kind of pets. Next we had 1, 2 and 3...frogs. Really pretty and mellow. We ventured out to the pet store this time to buy 36 live crickets to feed them. A little bit trickier than mixed greens, but still no problemo. This past weekend we had a sleep over party with Tigger, a boa. I actually don't mind snakes at all so this was also no problemo. However I kindly turned down the option of feeding Tigger when she explained the process. "take the small mouse out of the freezer and place it in a small dish of water. Defrost the mouse and then place it in the glass tank". Big problemo. I'll pass on the mouse cookage in my microwave.










No comments:

Post a Comment