Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Get your boots out....

So we had some super crazy, nutso weather last week.  A giant lightning storm like I've never seen before here in SD, two days of rain a gorgeous sunset and a double rainbow which unfortunately we could not find.   After all of the sunny days it's so nice to have some of this mixed in although honestly I have truly fallen in love with sunny SD because after a couple of days of clouds I'm ready for the sun again.  Anyway we had lots of fun skipping around, looking for snails and attempting to send off small objects down our very small river. 






 If anyone knows me I am a hard core fan of sunsets.  I can literally remember breaking speed limits and nearly taking out people on the roads in RI just to get to Watch Hill in time to see the peek of the sunset.   On the 2nd day of this lovely rain the buildings were turning these lovely colors which definitely meant a great sunset was on the way.  My heart raced as I ran from window to patio with the kids trying to get the best glimpse of it.  I thought for sure Rob would be home early enough so that I could jump in the car and run to the top of our street where the best view is, but he wasn't.  So right when the colors were beaaaaauuuutiful I grabbed the kids (no shoes or socks) and we ran down into the parking lot.  They both loved it and so did I! 










 We attempted to make snail tracks after our little walk, but mr. snail would not come out of his shell for us.    So we painted instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment