Saturday, November 7, 2009

Creeps and Crawlers to Smooches and Walkers



Not too much happenin' here this past week. I was sick for the majority of the week with a bad cold, so I didn't take too many pictures. Up until this week Ashlyn had been taking a few steps, but nothing crazy. She decided that this week was a great week to get a little braver and now is a walking machine. She has figured out that she can walk around the house if she just shuffles around to various pieces of furniture. It's very cute and of course she's very proud of herself. I will add a video clip when I can catch her in the act!






Looking at the highway from above.....totally nuts when you actually stand there and watch the cars zoom bye!

Could we possibly have any more lanes here in SD? 14 lanes for crying out lucy.

Returned home and once again Ashlyn tired Jaedyn out. It took me FOREVER to wake him up!



Jaedyn and I found this wicked creepy spider outside this past week. After a little research I figured out that it's a St. Andrew's Cross Spider. I couldn't resist posting this paragraph....

"When an insect hits the web, the spider runs out, shrouds it in fine silk and bites it to death. Then, digestive juices are injected into the wrapped prey and the contents sucked out when the digestive process is complete (in a day or so). The careful geometrical arrangement of the capture threads and the spokes allows the spider to move around the web on the thread without becoming trapped."

This pretty much puts an end to all of my tent-less, under the stars camping adventures. From here on out I'll be sleeping in a tent thank you very much.





It seems as though the threes is an eruption of independence. Jaedyn insists on doing things by himself constantly and one of these things is getting himself dressed. This actually is quite nice as it is one less thing that I have to do in the morning. It's amazing how long it takes me to get out of the house when I have to get myself dressed, Jaedyn dressed and Ashlyn dressed. I can't imagine having a giant family..we would never leave! Anyway, as you can see he's still working on putting his shirts on the right way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment