Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Beach in November? You betcha!

Today I was feeling the need for some sand on my toes so I grabbed Ashlyn and Jaedyn and headed to the beach for a couple of hours before dinner. It was a beautiful afternoon with brilliant blue skies and that sparkling Pacific Ocean. Before our departure Jaedyn had suggested that we "change into our swimming suits", but my response was "neh, you and Ashlyn won't go into the water....it's too cold!". One would think that I would know by now that it doesn't matter what time of year it is and how cold the water is (although it really wasn't that cold). To children it's a huge sparkling pool shouting out get wet, get wet! So off we went without suits or towels. Thankfully I at least packed extra clothes for Ashlyn. Jaedyn ended up riding home short-less. :0)



Miss Picky pants won't eat her sweet potatoes, but she'll gladly enjoy a piece of slimy seed weed.



Watching Jaedyn....that's him in the distance.

Rock tasting 101....the specimens.

Hmm....this one looks like a good one.


Hey Mom! Mind if I taste this rock?

Insert rock into mouth.
Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment